Norfolk Zoning Ordinance Rewrite
The City of Norfolk is conducting a comprehensive rewrite of its Zoning Ordinance. Norfolk is evolving: the City’s planning and development goals have changed. The current Zoning Ordinance, adopted in 1992 and amended several times, does not reflect the recently adopted plaNorfolk2030 General Plan.
The project will create a user-friendly document that does the following:
– Incorporates modern best practices
– Supports and encourages resilient development
– Promotes environmentally-friendly development
– Recognizes different character districts throughout the city
- Your participation is critical. Help us shape the future of development in Norfolk!