How to Really Invest in the Stock Market for Beginners
Where and how do I buy stocks? Which stocks should I buy? If you want to get started with investing in the stock market, you have come to the right place! I will show you some very practical and actionable steps to get going.
1. Open an online broker account.
2. Decide how much money you want to start out with.
3. Figure out what is going on in the world (“themes”) short term, medium term and long term, and invest accordingly.
4. Get started building your portfolio! It is very exciting to place your first order, see that it gets executed, and become the owner of your first stock.
5. Learn to be skeptical! Detect the flaws in the logic of videos like this one by Jack Chapple : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0asQOYockjY
6. Don’t be the next “sucker” that gets taken for a ride by people like Gordon Gekko, Jeff Skilling, or Bernie Madoff.
7. Educate yourself on the language of finance and the stock market.
Related video: How to build an investment portfolio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4mWd2zBYVk&index=1&list=PLKbmcnUUQMlnMDHYljrXvfIY0wuUs9DRN
Philip de Vroe (The Finance Storyteller) aims to make strategy, finance and leadership enjoyable and easier to understand. Learn the business vocabulary to join the conversation with your CEO at your company. Understand how financial statements work in order to make better stock market investment decisions. Philip delivers training in various formats: YouTube videos, classroom sessions, webinars, and business simulations. Connect with me through Linked In!